Thursday

Halloween Top Ten - But Mommy, I want to be a [fill in the blank]!


Picking my daughter's Halloween costume used to be pretty simple when she was a baby and a toddler. We liked Disney, she liked princesses - our decision was made before we even went shopping. For her first Halloween she was Tinkerbell (Mommy's pick), second she was Snow White (Daddy's pick) and for her third Halloween she chose Princess Aurora aka Sleeping Beauty. This year I thought it'd be a no-brainer - till she threw me a total curve ball. Can you guess which one? So in the spirit of Trick or Treat, here are 6 costume conflicts to let you know you're not alone.

The Toddler Boy
Your choice That cool NASA astronaut costume Dad just knew he'd love
His choice What he wore to the grocery store last Tuesday: cowboy boots, monkey PJs, torn superman cape, pirate eye patch and Buzz Light Year gloves – or he’ll throw a fit.

The Toddler Girl
Your choice A cute little bumble bee with glitter wings and black-and-yellow striped tights
Her choice The tall, bumpy red thing with fangs and one eye, aka Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba

The Preschool Boy
Your choice A fireman, because he's always wearing his favorite fireman rainboots
His choice The fairy princess costume, with wand, wings and plastic click-clack shoes his older sister wore last Halloween.

The Preschool Girl
Your choice You scored the last Rapunzel costume in town - and even took out a small loan for the long wig (not included), because Rapunzel was her all-time favorite movie... last week
Her "I want to be a bat and paint my face black."
You “Oooo, I know! How about Hello Kitty?”
Her “I want to be a bat.”
You “Cinderella?”

The Tween
Your choice The HSM cheerleading costume you just bought because she's been talking about it for months
Her choice Your 10-year-old and her friends want to be “sexy Goth cheerleaders”: purple and black hair streaks, knee-high socks, fishnet gloves (torn), black lipstick
You "Did you just say 'sexy?'"
Her Rolls eyes
You "I'm NOT returning the HSM costume!"

Infant babe

Your choice A cute round pumpkin costume, “Mommy's Little Pumpkin” socks, $35 soft leather shoes with jack-o-lanterns and a little pumpkin stem hat complete with leaf and curly vine.
Baby’s, um, choice The neon orange “This Is My Costume” onesie your husband found on sale at the drugstore on Halloween after the baby blew out her diaper, pooped out the neckhole of the poofy pumpkin costume and before you could remove the poopy diaper from the changer, donkey-kicked both feet right into the poop getting socks, shoes and legs covered. Trick or Treat?

Your turn. What was your favorite costume choice that never saw the light of the moon? What was your least favorite costume pick that rose from the dead?


(*This was originally posted on October 26, 2011 for mom365 where I landed my first gig as freelance writer for mom's blogs. This was my debut post which had 2469 views before they launched their new site and it no longer fit into their new format of either being a Pregnancy, Baby, Toddler or Preschooler Blog. So it will live on here for many Halloween's to come! ;-) Click here to read more of my Top Ten Lists on Mom365.)



Have a fun, safe & Happy Halloween!


*heart*
Coco Cana


Need a cute idea for a DIY Homemade Halloween Costume that you don't even have to sew? Click here! 




1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sending some love! I appreciate it! Please feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section!

Post Of The Week!

Motherhood: A Poem

back breaking arms aching mind worn out and tired patience gone days are long somedays I wish I could get fired Laundry is piling an ...

Check These Out!