Friday

Enjoying Fall Through the Eyes of My Child

We don't get much of a Fall here in Southern California like most places as far as the crisp snow-like autumn air and all of the fiery colors go but there are still many natural things to enjoy. I love experiencing life through the eyes of my children. When we slow down long enough and take in the sites that mother nature is so willingly offering us we can experience a different world that is often times right under our nose. 

My little guy and I were off on a chilly adventure just the two of us to find "tiny things." Well, chilly for us anyway. We did have our long sleeves and fuzzy boots on even though he was wearing shorts and was walking around barefoot most of the time. We scrunched down to explore the Earth, to discover new bugs and we searched for itty bitty flowers and baby pinecones hiding in the grass under the fallen leaves. Since it's the unwritten Toddler Law that a child cannot, under any circumstances, leave the park without finding a really cool stick, we found a really cool stick and made our own tree with different leaves that were scattered about. 

It's fun when you present an idea to a child - "let's go to the park and explore some Fall" and then you turn over the reins to them and let them call the shots on how to go about it. It's never what you were originally planning to do...

"Let's find really super tiny fings, Mama!" Said with big, excited eyes. 

 ...and it's always so much better. 


Keep in mind that this is the itty bitty palm of a 3 year old, so this is a very small flower and a brand new sliver of baby grass. 


Crawling around on the grass near the base of a huge tree we discovered this beautiful little seedling thing. Smooth and perfect as only Mother Nature can make and yet funny and silly with "twisty hair sticking all out." A perfect thing to huck through the air we discovered. 


Having fun throwing a pile of leaves in the air. If only you could hear the squeals of laughter that went along with this photo. 



The clouds growing dark and coming in quickly told us it was time to go home, curl up with a warm blanket and sip some hot coco. 

Until our next adventure!

Happy Fall!

Love,





This post was shared on the following blogs:

Domesticated Momster

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in fall and seeing it through a child's eyes must be particularly magical :) Love kicking up the crunchy leaves! #momsterslink
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so thrilled to watch my children get so fascinated with the change of seasons. Especially now that we live somewhere it snows. Thank you for sharing this with #momsterslink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the whole world through the eyes of my toddler, no much how much she drives me crazy it really makes every single thing that much more special and amazing! #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love this! It's beautiful. I so enjoy seeing things through my toddler's eyes. The world is a better place! #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sending some love! I appreciate it! Please feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section!

Post Of The Week!

Motherhood: A Poem

back breaking arms aching mind worn out and tired patience gone days are long somedays I wish I could get fired Laundry is piling an ...

Check These Out!