Thursday

The next time my kids fight, I just might break out into song.

My funny friend Regina posted this on her facebook page and I just cracked up, so I had to share it here.




I have a 4 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old (in 3 days actually!), so I find myself yelling "STOP!" quite often.  I'm either yelling "STOP!" because I'm keeping someone from running out into the street, keeping someone from reaching up to touch a hot stove or I'm keeping them from shredding a toy in half with the toy tug-of-war/screaming match that is going on over here on a daily basis.

I feel like a traffic cop with how much I'm yelling "STOP!"  So the next time I yell, "STOP!" I just might break out into song!  The tough part is choosing which one.

What's your fave?  Comment below!





P.S. This is just another example of why I loved my whole water birth/home birth experience. Regina was my nurse at the birth center.  I say, "my nurse" because at the time, she was the only nurse who took care of all the moms-to-be before the midwife came in.  She brought such comfort, joy, laughter, and light to all of my appointments!  Where before when I was going to the OB through my insurance I saw different people all the time and I could hardly get anyone to look me in the eye let alone remember my name, and then have them as a facebook friend. Heck my OB didn't even have a clue who I was when I passed him in the hallway and said, "hi" before my final appointment with him. I noticed the puzzled look on his face so I said my name to spark a memory (which still didn't ring a bell) and I was 25+ weeks along!  (That's close to 7 months pregnant for those of you keeping score at home.) That was very frustrating for me because I felt like a number. That doesn't really work for me. Especially when I'm going through one of the most life changing experiences in my life and want my voice to be heard when it comes time to push that puppy out.  I don't know about you, but I don't do well with just being a nameless, faceless number getting lost in the system.  

I met Regina at my very first appointment at South Coast Midwifery in Irvine, Ca and since she was anticipating my first appointment anyway she already knew my name when I walked in the door and was greeted with a big smile. It was the little things like that that completely made my pregnancy and water birth with my sweet lil baby boy a very magical and memorable experience. And she is still making me laugh all the time with silly posts like this one.  Thanks Regina!  So glad you were my nurse!  


BTW - If you know who made this "sign" please let me know so I can give them credit!  Because I didn't make it. I'm just sharing it. Thx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending some love! I appreciate it! Please feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section!

Post Of The Week!

Motherhood: A Poem

back breaking arms aching mind worn out and tired patience gone days are long somedays I wish I could get fired Laundry is piling an ...

Check These Out!