Friday

A Post A Day Project - Day #2: A Visit From The Writer's Block Fairy

Pic credit: embracedisruption dot com

So it's ironic that on day #2 of my Post A Day Project, I have writer's block. I can't really think of anything witty or interesting or entertaining to write about. So I'm going to just do what an old writing teacher told me to do during writer's block. Just keep writing. Don't take your pen off the page (so to speak) and just keep writing til something pops into your head. Because eventually something will pop into your head. Even if you just write, "I can't think of a darn thing to write about."  Rinse and repeat. 

So...um...I can't think of a darn thing to write about.

*yawn* stretch*sip*scratch head*flex neck*blink*widen eyes*smack face*

(I'm a bit tired too so that is the reason for the song and dance one goes through when falling asleep at the wheel on a long drive at 3am.)

So obviously I have a total case of the "derber-derbers" going on right now.  You know, where you make kiss lips and then you take your finger parallel to your mouth and move it up and down quickly while making noises?  





...that's funny. You totally just did that didn't you?  It's OK. I won't tell anyone.

When my kids can't find anything to do ("I'm bored mom!") they start fighting with each other and tormenting each other for kicks. At first there is laughter, and then pissed off laughter where you're like, ("hey, you kind of crossed the line there"), and then it very quickly turns into yelling, ("Noooo Sissy!"), toy grabbing, ("that's MINE!"), chest pushing, ("Oooooowwwwwwww!") and then tears, ("Heeeeee hiiiiit meeeeeee!") I feel a bit like this right now with my writer's block. It's kind of being a jerk.

...welp, I think I smell poop. So that'll do it for now. 

Cue the toddler running in the opposite direction. 

Yep. Confirmed. 

So I will leave you with my favey writer's quote of the day that pretty much sums up how I feel about my entire post and where it all went terribly wrong:



“Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.”
- Ray Bradbury

2 comments:

  1. Comments from facebook friends:

    Kristin B: LOVE IT!!! Love putting the noise to the finger to the lip thingy we all do when we feel dumb. hahahah lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments from facebook friends:

    Maryann D: Ha! Yes I did da derbers!! That was really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sending some love! I appreciate it! Please feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section!

Post Of The Week!

Motherhood: A Poem

back breaking arms aching mind worn out and tired patience gone days are long somedays I wish I could get fired Laundry is piling an ...

Check These Out!