Monday

Calling All Organized Moms! Please Share Your Secrets!

The number one complaint I hear from other moms (as well as myself) is, "I can't ever get anything done!"  So I've decided to put together a list of tips to help mom's like you and me get some new moves to help us achieve some sense of order to our daily lives as mothers of young children. Some of us are better than others at achieving this goal on a daily basis and I'm well aware of my limitations, so I am looking for Organized Moms to spill the beans about how to keep everything in balance.  We're looking for your best tips and tricks to getting through the day, getting it all done and still having time left over to have a few minutes for yourself.  

What's that you say?  Time for yourself?....do I hear laughter coming from the other side of the computer screen?  

I realize this picture of "balanced mom perfection" is impossible to achieve on a daily basis (at least for me it is), so think about your most organized days and let us in on your secrets as to how you were able to pull that off!


  • Do you wake up a few hours before the kids to get ready for the day?  
  • Do you make several meals at once or order take-out once a week to save on prep/cooking time?  
  • Do you clean and organize after the kids have gone to bed?  
  • Do you hire a sitter every once in a while so you can get things done or just take a break?  
  • Do you do your shopping during the weekends so hubby can stay home to watch the kids while you run errands? 
  • If you work outside of the home do you run errands on your lunch break?  
  • Does your husband cook, clean or share the bulk of the chores?  


What are your best kept Organized Mom Secrets?


Please feel free to share your tips here on this blog in the comments section, on our facebook page or you can email me your tips.  Those are the best ways for me to be sure to see your comments. Otherwise, I'll do my best to track down all FB comments and post them in a future article for us all to benefit from!  Be sure to follow this blog so you don't miss out on any of our Organized Mom Tips and pass this along to all of the organized moms in your life so they can share with us too!  

Are you UBER Organized and want to be featured on our blog?  For those of you who feel that being an organized mom is an art form (you know who you are!) and you want to share more of your wisdom please email me your story as I will be looking for organized moms to feature in upcoming blog articles!  





1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I do my best to be organized but it doesn't always happen. As a working Mamma who is a busy full-time lawyer, I am barely keeping it together but here are my tips:

    - pack kids preschool snacks the night before. No matter how tired you are
    - cook as much on Sundays as you can for the week
    - use your blackberry for all appointments
    - set out activities on the coffee table in the living room with some `new` stuff (stickers you have been saving, that forgotten colouring book)
    - order in once a week
    - ask kids to help tidy their toys each day and have then clean up after meals
    - write everything down: shopping lists, to dos for the next morning, phone numbers, everything!
    - hire cleaners to scrub your house twice a month - if you can afford it, it's been a life-saver for us!!!
    - go shopping at 24 hour grocery stores or go to Walmart late --- so you are alone as kids are sleeping and husband is 'watching' them sleep. I love shopping late at night
    - divide and conquer. While Mamma does story time and flash cards, daddy is setting out bed time clothes and filling tub (we switch this every night)
    - do laundry every day. One load each and every single day. Yes you are constantly doing laundry but this way it is not overwhelming on the weekends
    - I workout during lunch break at work a few days a week
    - sometimes I will run errands during lunch break
    - book doctor/dentist appts for the evenings for self (and kids)

    Not sure if these are at all creative, nor are they all necessarily organizational tips but these help me survive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sending some love! I appreciate it! Please feel free to add a link to your blog in the comments section!

Post Of The Week!

Motherhood: A Poem

back breaking arms aching mind worn out and tired patience gone days are long somedays I wish I could get fired Laundry is piling an ...

Check These Out!