We bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday for a BBQ with friends and I knew I had some celery in the fridge too. On a hot summer day like today a chicken salad sandwich with lots of sweet crunch just sounded yummy.
I only made enough for a small batch so I didn't use very much of anything. I always recommend making things to taste anyway. If I were going to make a large portion of this I'd probably do it like this:
- 2 cups cooked chicken - cubed
- 2 stalks celery - diced super small (please consider choosing organic celery.)
- 1/4 cup cashews - chopped (I like to use the raw ones.)
- 1 apple diced super small (please consider choosing organic apples.)
- 1/4 cup Best Foods Mayo (or to taste)
- pepper - to taste
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Mix all together in a bowl and scoop onto a Hawaiian Sweet Roll or your favorite bread.
|Summertime Chicken Salad Sandwich with cashews, celery and apples.|
*No red grapes were harmed in the making of this sandwich, however, they were really yummy as a side dish.
There is nothing like fresh fruits and veggies in the good ol' summertime. Before you venture out to the farmer's markets and grocery stores with your reusable bags print out this list for your purse. It's a good one to have on hand.